Monday, September 28, 2009

One of the jobs I have right now is helping out an 84 year old woman. She is the sweetest thing you will ever meet, and I get to cook dinner for her every time I go to her house. Because I make food for her all the time, she wanted me to look at her recipes and see which ones I would be interested in making. So far, she let me take home two of her 6 recipe boxes to look through. I feel very privileged to be able to even take these from the house, because these recipes are one of things this woman is most proud of. Almost every single recipe is typed with a type writer. She told me she didn't own a type writer, so when her boss went out of town for a week, she set her mind to typing out every single one of her recipes. There must be at least 900 recipes. I just thought that was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment