Monday, April 12, 2010

Why Don't You Get a Job

I did. I got a job. I was officially hired at Cinderella Cakes, where I currently do most of the fondant work as I continue to learn other cake decorating skills. They are going to open another location in Anaheim where I will work in the kitchen as a decorator during the week and work in the showroom taking orders on the weekends.
One interesting new development as a result of this job is this...

...my hands are always pink!!!!!
You see, as part of the job, I dye fondant (that playdough-textured stuff that you make bows, balls, figures, and confetti with to decorate cakes) I use every kind of protection possible; I wear gloves, I use shortening to keep the dye from sticking, and still my hands always turn pink by the end of the day! I get made fun of for it constantly by my friends and am very self conscious of it when I'm out in public. But, you know, I guess there are worse things than being the girl with the pink hands.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS!!!!!! :) and yes, there are worse things.

    ReplyDelete