Thursday, February 11, 2010

Swallowed in the Sea

Last month I was hired by Pacific Seafood to decorate their new conference room. Let me tell you, four completely blank walls really freak me out when it's my responsibility to fill them. I ended up being in charge of everything except the wall color. The company sells seafood and meat products to grocery stores and restaurants. Because they bring clients to their conference room, I wanted all the aspects of the company to be represented. I ended up taking photos to represent fish retail, restaurants and meat retail. Here was the final product...


Next, I had a 30 foot wall to fill. I painted different fish species on plexiglass. This was a huge challenge, because essentially, I had to paint backwards. The paint is actually on the side of the glass that is facing the wall, which meant every highlight and spot on the fish had to be painted first in order for it to show up on the reverse side of the glass. I had to use a mirror so I could see what I was even painting. Eventually, it all came together quite nicely.

Mahi Mahi...
Dungeness Crab...
Yellow Fin Tuna...
The Finished Wall...

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness... AMY!! I had no idea you've done half the stuff you have! Busy girl. The fish paintings are LOVELY!! I adore them!

    ReplyDelete